Banff National Park
Maximum Group Size: 6
DATES: September 13-17 2018
Price is per person, double occupancy. For a single room add $800. Airfare to & from Calgary is not included in the expedition cost.
The Wild Summit Experience
- Accompanied by a naturalist, you will search for bear, moose, elk, bighorn sheep and other native animals to the area of Banff National Park.
- Be chauffeured and guided along your intricately designed route. Designed to maximize your sightseeing/picture taking in the allotted time.
- Learn the ins and outs of capturing scenes and wildlife in the field with an expert photographer.
- Learn how to edit your images in Adobe Lightroom and perfect the "camera to print" process.
- Make new friends and network with other photographers
On This Trip
While wildlife are abundant in the park, we will mainly focus on capturing the grand landscape scenes of the Canadian Rockies. With giant mountain peaks and crystal clear turquoise water, learn how to use the settings of your camera to bring these subjects to life.
Following our daily shoots we will have time to go over your images 1on1 and learn how to properly edit and export your images in Adobe Lightroom.
- Camera Fundamentals (shooting on full manual mode)
- Shooting RAW images vs JPEG
- Capturing vertical and horizontal panoramas
- Creating natural looking HDR images
- Perfecting and editing your images in Adobe Lightroom
Jay Kazen--published wildlife and landscape photographer. Jay is very knowledgable about Banff and neighboring National Parks in Alberta & British Colombia. He will guide you to some of the most beautiful and iconic spots in the park. Once there, Jay will work with you 1 on 1 helping to create those magazine worthy images.
What To Expect
This expedition is designed to accommodate guests for light to moderate activity. Almost all trails that you embark on will be paved or at least be clearly identifiable. Some spots are steep grade and we may climb over a few obstacles to capture the most ideal shooting angle.